Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First Days of School

I am so excited to be living somewhere with a fantastic mass transportation system. I take the Übahn (the subway) to the city every weekday and walk from the station to my school. We start at 8:45 and finish at about 3 pm then we all hang out together for a couple hours then go home for dinner. The routine is very comforting.
My German continues to improve quickly. I run through vocabulary words every day onthesubway and before I go to bed. I am really anxious to learn German--it is frustrating not being able to speak or understand the language.
Today we are going to Cologne, a near by major city with our head coordinator, Hartwig. I have heard that this is a fun trip from CBYX alumna.
All the students on the program are very different, but we seem to work well together. We have a spanish looking guy from El Paso, a real valley girl from California (no joke, she is really blond and fulfills all stereotypes but it cute) an all American boy from St. Louis, a strange international high school girl from Michigan, a punk skate rocker from Oklahoma and so many other interesting characters. It is going to be a fun two months here with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment