Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hamburg!

This past weekend I went to the city of Hamburg with my friends from my german evening class. Luckily the Deutsche Bahn (German Railways) has a great deal for weekend travelers and we were able to take the train round trip and use the public transportation in Hamburg for only 14 euros a person. It was about a 4 hour train ride there, but it was pleasant because we slept most of the way and chatted a bit. As soon as we got there, my friend Evisa and I walked around the city (it was really wet and cold!) for about an hour while the others waited at the trainstation for other friends to arrive, then we took a boat across the harbor to get to where we were going. The reason for going there initially was to attend a birthday party of a friend of my Salvadorian friend. Crazy, I know, but that´s how Latin Americans are. The more the merrier. The best part was speaking spanish again! Most of the people there were originally from El Salvador, but there were also some Spaniards and Chileans. Of course it was an all-night party with lots of dancing and good music. It made me realize how much I miss Argentina. : (

We did a little city touring, but not a lot. I will probably make it back to Hamburg again before June next year. Next weekend my host family and I are going to Bremen to visit some museums and see some of the old Baroque and Renaissance architecture. I had to do a PowerPoint on Bremen for my german class in school, so I have a little background on the city this time!


All the action happens during the weekend. The weekdays are pretty rutine. School, german, german, german, maybe going out for a drink with a friend every once and a while and some more german. I am not complaining at all though--life needs to be monotone sometimes so you can appreciate the fun times to the full extent. Plus I have a lot of things to look forward to--Thanksgiving and my birthday! Bis das nätsche Blog!

1 comment:

  1. hey elena,
    your blog is awesome!
    i hope you enjoy your time and have fun at my house! they are all pretty kind, once you get to know them haha
    it´s too bad we won´t see ech other :(
    cheers
    luzie

    ReplyDelete